Song Title:
Five Candles (You Were There)Artis/Band:
Jars Of ClayAlbum:
Much AfraidLyrics:
A promise or a dare
I would jump if I knew you'd catch me
Staring over the edge
I can't tell if you'll be here for me
I close my eyes and make a wish
Turn out the lights and take a breath
Pray that when the wick is burned
You would say that it's all about love
[Chorus:]
You were there when I needed you
You were there when the skies broke wide, wide open
You were there when I needed you
You were there when the skies broke wide, wide open
You were never here
I remember you said
Love was more than your good intentions
Empty boxes on the floor
Things I never asked you for
I pray that when the wick is burned
You would say that it's all about love
[Chorus]
I can't see the promise of
Excuses you fall upon
I pray to God not holding on
To things you've left undone
[Chorus x 2]
You were there when I
You were there when I
You were there when I needed you
from
Database of Lyrics
Title : Jars Of Clay - Five Candles (You Were There) Lyric
Description : Song Title: Five Candles (You Were There) Artis/Band: Jars Of Clay Album: Much Afraid Lyrics: A promise or a dare I would jump if I knew you...